Monday, April 2, 2012

My Nook Review

Hey,

This is the review for the Nook 3G+Wifi. This is the older version of the Nook Color. It has some advantages and disadvantages.

The advantages are:

Lots of storage for books

3G function (which is free)- I do not know how this is possible but I have never paid for a connection. The newer versions do not offer 3G (not even the Kindle Fire)

Matte screen- This allows me to read outside in the sun with little to no glare

Super long battery life

Mp3 player


The disadvantages are:

Heavier than newer versions

Only the bottom 1/4th of the unit is touch screen as opposed to the newer ones, which are fully touch-screen.

Due to the E-Ink feature, it sometimes lags

While it does have the internet (difficult to navigate on this version due to limited touch-screen function), it does not have tablet capabilities like the Nook Color


The disadvantage to both:

There are STRICT limitations on book lending! You cannot lend a book to a person for more than 14 days. Also, once you lend any book..you can never lend it again..EVER!! This goes for all Nooks and Kindles!


Conclusion

While the Nook 3G +Wifi is older and slightly bulky, it can still rival the the newer versions IF all you want it a reader. That is what these things were created for anyway..not to be tablets. I am not giving mine up until they: 1. figure out how to make colored matte screen while maintaining the touch functionality 2. include 3G capabilities in the newer versions (I am sure that it will not be free due to heavier demands on bandwidth but it still needs to be capable of utilizing 3G without having to buy a separate device. I am not giving up the freedom to download books and magazines from anywhere even where there is no Wifi.

As far as the book-lending issues, they suck! If I had a real book, I could lend it to whomever, whenever, and for however long i wanted too..even give it away! This folks..is why E-readers will NEVER replace the printed word entirely..yes you heard it here! Unfortunately, I cannot give this a bad review solely based on that fact because ALL e-readers have the same limitations. I heard that they are no longer selling these in stores  but I am sure that you can get them online for a great price. i would recommend it if you only want to read books and perhaps listen to some tunes while doing so. All and all..it is a great buy!

Check out my Video review at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RHMYeWKBo&feature=plcp&context=C4fb22e9VDvjVQa1PpcFOVUPfHKnkLIT-Zq7JgNow94hRWPDxz1wo%3D

Feel free to check out all of my reviews on my Youtube channel as well:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bloggergirl777/videos







No comments:

Post a Comment